How to mix Shakeology

how to mix Shakeology | The Graues

I wanted to answer the 3 most popular questions I get about Shakeology, which will hopefully provide some insight as to why I personally have chosen to not miss a month’s Shakeology shipment since I incorporated it into my diet in January 2010 (and Katie Hutchinson Graue​ from February 2010) when I was doing P90X.

WHEN do I drink my Shakeology each day?

It’s 10:45am as I type this…and I’m looking at an empty Shakeology shaker cup in front of me. 🙂 MOST days I enjoy Shakeology around 10:00 – 10:30, 3-4 hours after my breakfast, and 2-3 hours before my lunch. I have MANY people that I work with who enjoy Shakeology for breakfast on their way out the door, often times incorporating breakfast into their life consistently for the first time in a LONG time...which is SUPER important! There are some days where I have Shakeology for breakfast, but I truly love my breakfast food…so not that often:) I also have incorporated it during the late afternoon stretch for a nutrient-dense pick me up to hold me over for dinner…and sometimes I blend up a second shake for a late night treat. So, ya, I’m a little all over the map depending on my day, but again, MOST days it’s later morning.

HOW do I drink/mix my Shakeology each day?

99% of the time I blend Shakeology in our Nutribullet, the other 1% when I don’t have a blender available (which is not often because we now pack our blender when traveling), I shake it with ICE cubes and almond or skim milk. I have the Vegan Chocolate Shakeology 90% of the time, my other two favorites are non-Vegan Strawberry and non-Vegan Chocolate Shakeology. I rarely change how I mix it, and this is my current favorite recipe I’ve been having daily:

– 1 full scoop of Vegan Chocolate Shakeology
– 1-2  TBSP ripe avocado (doesn’t add flavor, but makes it SUPER creamy…and I get in some healthy fats!)
– 1/2 cup of water (or a little more)
– 2 TBSP PB2 POWDERED peanut butter
– 1 1/2 cups of ice
– 1 1/4 ish cups of unsweetened almond milk

I like it thick, often times I eat it with a spoon, or at least need a big smoothie straw.

WHY do I continue to find value in drinking Shakeology each day?

Let’s just keep this simple and easy to read with a bullet point list:

– First and foremost, when it comes to health…the nutrients we consume MATTER.
– I enjoy the taste and look forward to the 5 minutes I drink it each day
– I HATE feeling bloated…and it has what it takes to minimize that
– It’s a PERFECT option to keep me full for 2-3 hours on a frequent-interval eating plan that keeps my energy and blood sugar steady
– I know I can’t get a more healthy meal for less than the price I pay per serving
– I eat A LOT of produce, but some of the nutrients I consume in it are not available in the produce section.
– It literally takes 2 minutes to prepare.

Hope that helps…:) Certainly happy, as always, to you on started with incorporating Shakeology your their diet with one of the many discounted Shakeology Challenge Packs. Or if you’d like to try 4 – 7 servings you can request those single serving packets here.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,